Saturday, March 13, 2010

2010 Trip with my honey!

It is almost Spring… So, that means we get a trip with NO kids!!!

We headed out Tuesday night and dropped the kids with my parents.. then to spend the night in Nashville for an early flight.  Wednesday morning we arrived in Miami.. Rented a car and took the LONG drive to Key West.  I was told it was a nice drive, but I had to fight to keep my eyes open! 

We made it to Key West.  I have reserved the room ahead of time.  Travis and I went to check in….. and I had made the reservations for February instead of March.  Oops!  Luckily, they refunded my money and I had to pay just a little more for a room.  This is the beautiful beach that we did not have time to layout in…. but it was 40 degrees outside!!!

DSCF3810 26126_1370103061300_1493449133_964878_6753520_n

Chris and Julie at breakfast before our LONG drive back to Miami. DSCF3812

Our hotel in Miami was on PGA Doral Golf course.  IT was a FABULOUS place to stay.  We felt like we were in an apartment.  Double sinks, full sized kitchen, couch, table… FABULOUS!!!

DSCF3816 DSCF3825 

Then we flew out and headed to Atlantis!!!

 DSCF3847   DSCF3854 DSCF3865

We had many nights with nice dinners, but this had to be the most extravagant.  One of our friends recommended the ‘Greycliff’ to us.  It was an old home that had the largest collection of wine in the world.  We were able to tour the wine cellar after our 5 course meal!  This picture is of the boys… As we entered, the host told us that there were no short pants allowed… So, all the boys had to ‘borrow’ from the restaurant.  It was hilarious, especially in size 42, when they were 36!

DSCF3866

The owner was there, so Julie asked the multimillionaire if he would take a picture OF us, not WITH us… but we included him!  We also saw Steve Smith(former NBA player) while dining, but we didn’t get a picture of him…

DSCF3869

DSCF3868   

The last night there, we walked over the bridge to eat at Outback.  I had enough seafood!  It was time for real food!DSCF3879   DSCF3870

No comments: