Sunday, May 18, 2008
Mimi Sue is with Jesus!
Mimi Sue passed away this past week from a hard battle with cancer. She was one of the most amazing women I have ever known. She had the most compasionate and fun-loving personality and was always ready to go and do what she could. I am not sure what exactly to tell a two year old about death, but for some reason he seems to get it. I was able to take the kids to see her the week before she passed and Harrison came home and told Travis that he saw Mimi Sue and she was tired. The next time we went was Friday night to the visitation and he saw her picture and said,'Mimi Sue is with Jesus.' Then on Saturday... at the memorial, Pop got up to speak. Harrison looked up and said,' There's Pop, Where's Mimi Sue? Mimi Sue is with Jesus!' and he just went back to listening, like it just clicked. I know he knows about Jesus b/c of our prayer and when we talked about church on Sunday he said he learned about Jesus. Also, when Bush was on the TV with some foreign leader this past week (he was wearing a cloth over his head) Harrison looked up and said, ' there is Jesus'. So, he doesn't have the whole understanding, but if Travis and I can show him in our lives about Jesus and God.. He will soon know the true meaning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment