Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I want to go to my bed, please!

Since last summer, Harrison nighttime routine was whatever we could do to get him to sleep (usually around 10PM). This past week, I thought it would be great to start one. He gets ready for bed and plays for a while with Travis and then lights out, Nemo on (it is a fake aquarium), go to bathroom and get in bed. I will read two books to him by flashlight and then leave the room and come back later to turn nemo off when he falls asleep. Last night I thought I would let him watch American Idol b/c he likes it. We saw the first singer and Harrison said, "I want to go to my bed." I was shocked, but we went. He climbed in bed with Thomas, Percy and Elizabeth. Read our story and he went to sleep like an angel.

About 6 AM there was a loud thunder. I heard him calling me so I went to check on him. He wanted to go to 'daddy's bed'. I took him with me and 5 mins after we laid down he sat up and said, "mommy, I want to go to my bed." So, we marched in there, he crawled up in the bed and I didn't hear from him until 8AM when Thomas and Percy fell off the bed! My little boy is all grown up!

No comments: