Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Day Like No Other... and I wouldn't want to do it again!

WARNING... THIS IS VERY DESCRIPTIVE!!! NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR THOSE WITH A WEAK STOMACH!!!

Our day started like many others... We were up a little later and running late for school. I took H in and told his teacher just like I had done many times, to let me know if he has a bowel movement (to be politically correct). She asked me if I had taken him to the doctor and of course since I have taken him so many times this year... my reply was 'Not for this.' She got me wondering... 'should he go?' I called doctor and the nurse returned my call and said to bring him in today! 3 hours later... we are at the house hoping he would take a nap and.... No nap! He was playing with his tractor and fell... blood was pouring out of his mouth! That quickly stopped and hasn't bothered him since. I couldn't tell you how many times between school and time to leave for the doctor he gained another boo boo for his bragging rights!
When it was time to leave for the dr, I thought it would be great to leave Alexis with a sitter so I it would easier... but everyone is busy! I thought the dr would just give him a suppository and off we go.... OH, HOW WRONG I WAS!!!!
The kids dr is off on Wednesday, of course that happens to be the day we always need to go. One hour wait in the 'waiting room'... It just dawned on me that name did come from somewhere!!! Got to rewind for a second, as we drive in the parking lot... Harrison is screaming to go home. I trick him to the door and we are walking in he is screaming with everyone watching. I then tricked him again to say Alexis and I are going and he can stay there; he followed. Even when the nurse called us back, she had to say my name so he wouldn't catch on.
The doctor comes in the room, lays him on the table, gloves on, poop out... more poop out and even more. I really thought doctors had it easy, but I would say getting poop out of someone's behind... not too fun! I really felt horrible for him, but the gross part then and comical part now... I had Alexis on my left arm and holding Harrison's hands on my right. I don't much about the protocol for sanitation and germs... I bet this wouldn't fit the standards! It does get a lot worse when the nurse comes in with the enema... I won't go into that, but Harrison was in the best mood when we left the office. Even though he didn't have any clean clothes.. he had some 'Thomas' stickers....
The rest of the evening included him playing in the yard with Travis and falling asleep on the lawnmower... then I had to give him a bath before bed!!! A cup of milk and a prayer... We will see a much happier little boy in the morning.
I know he will never remember this story, so I had to write about it to remind him to eat his fiber!!! What a good mother I am.... Love ya harrison!

1 comment:

Corey and Melody Cain said...

Wow...that was quite a day! I cannot imagine what that was like...I don't guess I want to either ;) About the boo boos...don't be hard on yourself. Bennett is in that clumsy stage right now, too. We have 4 skinned up spots on his knees right now just from the past week! And last week, he scraped his eyelid with a fork. He looks abused, bless his heart. Hope that helps you feel a little better!